After all the in depth cooking of Christmas, here is a Quick and Easy Recipe with ingredients you may already have in stock. Bacon and Chicken is a great combination as the two meats flavour combine really well. Also Chicken and Bacon are relatively cheap to purchase. I believe that I cooked this meal with around £6 worth of food (if you discount the £1.50 worth of parmesan in the fridge).
2 tbsp Olive Oil
150g Bacon Lardons / Pieces
3 Chicken Breasts, Cubed
3 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed
350g of Tagliatelle
50g of Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Some Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- In a frying pan cook the Chicken breasts in a little oil.
- Add the Bacon and Garlic and cook for about 3 minutes
- Add the Tagliatelle to a pan of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- When the Pasta is cooked drain off the water and add to the frying pan.
- Add in the parsley and Parmesan and combined all the ingredients in the pan.
- Season if required!
I was looking for a simple easy recipe and you can;t get simpler than this (excluding a ham sandwich). The added bonus was that the kids loved it. They cleaned their bowls of everything. What makes it acceptable to slightly fussy kids is that they can see all the ingredients and know what they are. Sometimes if there is a sauce hiding the produce, it can worry children.
Catherine commented that it tasted like its from an Italian restaurant! Which I have to agree, it was full of flavour and I’ll definitely be storing this recipe for later.