Catherine said you can’t blog that recipe, it too simple. Yet that is the very reason I NEED to blog it. My mother used to make these for me as a child. At first I was… Hmm these are strange, but then I couldn’t stop chomping on them. Then Kellogg’s decided to produce them and sell them in a foil wrapper for a fortune.
Rice Crispy Squares
You Will Need:
180g of Rice Crispies
45g of butter
300g of Marshmallows
100g of white chocolate chips.
Decorations (hundreds and thousands, glitter etc)
1. Grease a baking tray or cooking dish.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat.
3. When melted add teh marshmallows to the pan and occasionally stir, until all pieces are melted and smooth.
4. Add your chocolate chips and Rice Crispies and stir to blend all ingredients together, but…
5. As the Marshmallow cools down this starts to set and becomes very very sticky.
6. When it is all mixed together transfer the mix into the backing tray and quickly spread it into the corners and press it into the tray. Trying to keep it even.
7. Tip what ever decorations you want onto the sticky mix.
8. Allow to cool and place in the fridge for an hour
9. Slice up into portions.
This cools quite quickly and if you mess around with it too long you’ll end up with it sticking to the spatula and turning stringy!