One of the must have snacks at Walt Disney World has always been the Carrot Cake Cookie from the Writers Stop. If I’m totally honest there is a list of about 20 must haves, but this one is doable at home. The recipe for the Carrot Cake Cookie revolves around your favourite Carrot Cake mix.
When researching this, one thing was standing out too obviously. A lot of other bloggers started the recipe with, “follow the instructions on the packet of carrot cake mix”! Here I’ll share a recipe that has worked for us time and time again.
Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 400g caster sugar
- 350ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 350g grated carrots
- Cream cheese icing
- 225g cream cheese
- 110g margarine, softened
- 450g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Sift the flour, cinnamon and sugar together
- Add the Oil and eggs to the bowl and stir together.
- Finally add the grated carrots and stir until it is mixed well together.
- On Baking sheets add small ish portions to create your cookies. The mixture is “wet” and it will spread, so this may take longer than you expect. We managed to get 6 cookies per tray. 3 trays in the oven at a time!
- Cook in the oven for around 25 minutes at 180 C.
- When they are done the will feel a little soft, but your looking for it to be cooked throughout teh portion.
- Let them cook on a cooling rack.
Cream Cheese Icing
Mix the icing ingredients together in a large bowl. I personally felt the mix was a little to runny so added quite a bit more icing sugar to thicken it up.
Building your cookies. When your carrot cake cookies are cold you can start to assemble these snacks. Pick up a cookie add a spoon of icing and sandwich it tother with another cookie. Pretty simple!
Our kids love Carrot cake and icing, but weren’t too keen on these carrot cake cookies (even though they are essentially carrot cake in a different shape!!!)
The Cream cheese icing can get a little runny, particularly if it is a hot day. So you can thicken it up with more icing sugar.
Once you’ve eaten the first one to test them out, it isn’t long before your back for the next.